Other Information Particular to the Department
The department is having state-of-art GIS and Remote Sensing facilities.
- Digital data of LISS IV in 1:12,500 scale
- Hard copy and digital format of LISS III with 23.5 meter resolution of entire state in 1.50 ,000 scale.
- Aerial Photographs and CIR in 1.15,000 scale of entire State (1990 period)
- Aerial Photographs in 1.6,000 scale of Kasargod, Kannur, Thalassery, Vadakara, Malappuram, Manjeri, Kalpetta, Kozhikode Municipal area (1990)
- Stereo scope and Optical Pantograph
- ERDAS image processing software
- ARC GIS 9.0
- AutoCAD 2002
- Colour Scanners - A0 & A4
- Digitizer - A0 & A3
- Plotter - A0 size
- Colour laser printer - A3 & A4
- Engineering Plan Printer with Enlargement/Reduction facilities (25-400%)
Advisory/Consultancy service for research students, local self governments, line departments, NGOs and other external agencies in the field of natural resources management. Acts as a facilitator in formulating natural resource management projects/programmes of various line departments, research organisations and LSGIs in the State.