Generate and analyse spatial data on land resources to ensure their sustainable management and conservation.
- To review the existing land use and to explore possibilities for an effective and sustainable land use.
- To protect precious agricultural land against depletion caused by erosion due to wind water and sea, water logging and salinity issues, loss of soil fertility, urbanization and industrialization.
- To assist the Government in framing land use policy in general with reference to problems relating to conservation development and management of lands.
- to collect and collate data on land resource and land use
- to undertake surveys on current land resources and land use
- to initiate studies on appropriate land use and related aspects
- to recommend appropriate policy framework to help the Government to arrive at correct decision on land
- to administer and co-ordinate the implementation of the decisions of the Government related to land use without displacing the existing agencies.